Visitors to a site using cookies must receive information regarding:
- the fact that the site contains cookies
- what these cookies are used for (what they do)
- what information is collected by / stored within the cookie
- the purpose of the use of the cookies
- who uses the information collected by the cookies
- who sets the cookie (Scandic or third party)
- how to withdraw consent for the cookie
MANAGE CONSENT FOR COOKIES
You can manage and/or withdraw your consent for cookies on Scandic’s site at any time by clicking here.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are small text files which are sent to and stored on your device (mobile phone, computer or tablet). Cookies are common on the Internet. Some cookies are necessary to enable you to use the site's full functionality, while others are used in order to improve your user experience, facilitate navigation on the site or remember your preferred language. Some cookies are used to track user behavior and send information to third parties to help optimize marketing efforts.
There are two types of cookies when considering storage time: long-term (so-called persistent cookies) and temporary (so-called session cookies). Long-term cookies are saved as a small text file on your device for a longer period of time, whereas session cookies are deleted once you close your browser.
Cookies can also be divided into first party and third party cookies. First party cookies are cookies that are set on Scandic’s own domain. Third party cookies are cookies that are set on or for a third party’s domain.
Some examples of what cookies can be used for:
- When you log onto a site a cookie is placed on your computer. In connection with each page change, your computer sends a cookie to the site you are visiting and, using the cookie, the site can determine that you are logged in so that you avoid having to provide your username and password for each new page.
- When you want to tailor sites to your preferences. These preferences may concern the design on a site you visit often, customised contrast or font size, or customised sorting or selections.
- On sites that sell services, cookies are used to facilitate bookings or orders.
- Registering which devices or people have visited which pages on a site. This information can be used to choose the right advertisement or otherwise tailor the pages the user will view. Many cookies used for advertising and tailoring content are third-party cookies.
- Monitoring the traffic to generate statistics used to improve the site and learn more about different target groups. Many cookies used for statistics are third-party cookies.
- Saving settings regarding selected language, booking codes or membership levels.
- Allowing the site to recognize your device when you visit us again, so that you avoid having to provide certain data each time you use Scandic's digital services.
- Assist Scandic in customising the services to meet your needs, for example so you avoid having to choose a language.
- Some cookies track what pages you are viewing or have viewed previously, which is then used to provide you with personalized content on Scandic’s site. For example, you might have viewed pages related to a certain destination that you are interested in visiting. The next time you visit the start page of Scandic’s site, you see information about that destination. Quite simply, the site becomes easier to use.
- Some of the information may be shared with other companies operating Scandic branded hotels and, if you identify yourself, may be used in combination with your profile in, for example, Scandic Friends (if you are a Member), or your profile as a customer.
Please see a complete list of what cookies Scandic uses and for what purposes under “Cookies Used by Scandic” below.
Different types of cookies
Cookies can be divided into different categories.
- Necessary: This type of cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. Necessary cookies are mandatory and do not require consent. Please refer to the cookie declaration below to see which cookies we use, who uses them, what they are used for, for how long they are stored and their purpose.
- Preferences: This type of cookies remembers your personal preference on a site, such as ‘Remember me’ after logging in and your preferred language. Please refer to the cookie declaration to see which cookies we use, who uses them, what they are used for, for how long they are stored and their purpose.
- Statistics: These cookies are used to collect information (e.g. popular pages and user patterns) regarding Scandic's visitors' use of the site so that Scandic can improve the site and Scandic's digital services. The information collected by the cookies are in some cases shared with third parties. Please refer to the cookie declaration to see which cookies we use, who uses them, what they are used for, for how long they are stored and their purpose.
CHANGES TO SCANDIC'S COOKIES
Whenever we update the list of cookies used or make changes to the categorization of cookies, we will ask for your renewed consent. Whenever we make such changes, we will ask for your renewed consent.
Cookies used by Scandic
In the list below, you can see which cookies are used by Scandic, how and for what purpose they are used, how long they persist and if it is Scandic or a third party that is providing first or third party cookies.
Priser och bokningsregler
P.O. Box 6197
102 33 Stockholm
Besöksadress: Sveavägen 167